- 2 tbsp Butter or Margarine
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 4-5 ribs Celery Chopped (leaves too)
- 5-6 Carrots Peeled and Grated
- 6-8 cup Chicken Stock
- Potatoes As many peeled and cubed as desired (probably about 5 lbs)
ADD TO TASTE
- Salt Start with 1 tbsp
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Parsley Chopped, Fresh
- 1 can Evaporated Milk
- Bacon Cooked and Crumbled
- 1 can Creamed Corn
- Saute onion, celery and carrots in butter or margarine.
- Add chicken stock, potatoes and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- Mash potatoes with potato masher to smaller chunks.
- Add salt, pepper, parsley and tobasco to taste.
- At end, add evaporated milk.
- Do not boil after adding the milk.
- I also add cooked, crumbled bacon and 1 can creamed corn.
- You also could add salmon, clams, ham or whatever to make whatever chowder you want!
Teresa Nickel, Fargo, ND
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!