The Best Apple Cake
Deserts / Cakes / Pies
- 4 cup Chopped Apples
- 2 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 6 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Butter or Margarine
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Mix apples and sugar and let stand for 1 hour or longer.
- Add eggs, flour, soda, cinnamon, salt and nuts.
- Mix and put into a 9x13-inch greased pan.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 45 minutes.
- During last 15 minutes of baking time, mix together brown sugar, granulated sugar, 6 tablespoons flour and water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Turn down heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter, vanilla and nuts.
- Pour over the cake while hot.
- Serve warm or cold.
Bettie Helle, Fergus Falls, MN
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!