Crystal Swanson's 3-Layer Lemon Dessert
Deserts / Cakes / Pies
- 3 Egg Whites
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 can Lemon Pie Filling I like to use the egg yolks and make a lg. pkg. filling
- 1 pkg Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 pt Heavy Cream
- Chopped Nuts for Topping
- Beat egg whites until foamy and gradually add the sugar, beating until stiff.
- Spread into a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Bake in a slow oven (275-degrees) for 1 hour.
- Turn off oven and let meringue stay in oven overnight.
- Spread lemon filling on top of meringue.
- Make vanilla pudding, using only 1 cup milk.
- Let stand while you whip the cream.
- Fold the cream into pudding.
- Spread on top of lemon layer.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts and refrigerate.
Bettie Helle, Fergus Falls, MN
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!