Caramel Pecan Bars
Cookies & Bars
- 1 pkg Yellow Cake Mix
- 4 cup Pecan Halves
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Butter Soft
- 1 cup Brown Sugar Firmly Packed
- 1 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Whipping Cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix 1/4 c. butter and cake mix with fork or pastry blender to coarse crumbs.
- Press in bottom of ungreased 15x10-inch jelly roll pan.
- Top with pecan halves. In a large heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar, 1 cup butter and honey.
- Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in whipping cream until well blended.
- Pour evenly over pecans. Bake 17-22 minutes or until entire surface is bubbly.
- Cool and cut.
Bettie Helle, Fergus Falls, MN
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!