Cookies & Bars
- 2-1/2 cup Flour
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Shortening
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 2/3 cup Corn Flakes
- 6 cup Apples
- 1-1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Egg White
- Mix first 4 ingredients together.
- Add milk to beaten egg yolk to make 2/3 c.
- Mix with flour mixture.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll out half of dough in rectangle on wax paper.
- Put in pan.
- Sprinkle corn flakes on crust.
- Mix apples (cut and peeled), sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread on crust.
- Repeat other half of dough for top crust.
- Beat egg white and brush on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Top with powdered sugar frosting.
- HINT: Roll out dough on wax paper the same size as 15x10x2 pan (top crust should be a little bigger), then flip over onto pan.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!