Cookies & Bars
- 4 cup Powder Sugar
- 4 cup Flake Coconut
- 3/4 cup Cold Mashed Potatoes No Added Milk, Butter or Cream
- 1-1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 lb Dark Candy Coating My mother used a combination of semi-sweet chocolate chips and chocolate almond
- Boil potatoes in water with no salt.
- Drain, mash, and then cool the potatoes.
- Combine sugar, coconut, mash potatoes, vanilla and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Refrigerate the mixture until cold.
- Form into 1 x 1-1/2-inch logs or to your preferred size. (You can also create a couple long logs and then cut into sections after frozen.)
- Place logs onto baking sheet and freeze.
- Microwave candy coating (1/2 lb. almond bark to 1 (12 oz.) bag of chocolate chips.)*
- Dip coconut logs into chocolate coating.
- Place onto wax paper to harden.
- For a glossy chocolate coating, add 1 tbsp. of paraffin wax to chocolate coating.
Betty Brendel, Bismarck, ND
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!