Jim's Knoephla Soup
- 1/4 stick Butter 1 tsp. salt; 1 egg; water
- 1/3 cup Onion Chopped
- 1/2 cup Celery Chopped
- 6 cup Water
- 6 cup Milk
- 3 Potatoes Diced
- 1 tbsp Carrot Grated
- 3 tbsp Chicken Soup Base
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- Saute butter, onion and celery for 10 minutes on medium.
- Add water, milk, potatoes, carrot, soup base, salt and pepper.
- Combine knoephla dough ingredients adding enough water to make stiff dough.
- Cook on medium for 20-30 minutes.
- NOTE: We substitute 2 cups of heavy whipping cream for 2 cups milk.
Jim & Anna Olson, Fargo, ND
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!