- 2 Fish Fillets Size of a 2 lb. Walleye
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 c Parmesan Cheese Freshly Grated
- Fresh Bread Crumbs
- Butter or Butter-Flavored Crisco
- 2 tbsp Shallots (Onions) Finely Chopped
- 1/2 c Champagne
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 c Heavy Cream
- Prepare fish, season with salt. In a mixing bowl combine eggs and parmesan cheese. Dust the fillets in flour, dip in egg/pamesan mix and roll in fresh bread crumbs. Fry the fish in butter (butter-flavored Crisco tastes great). SAUCE: In a saucepan, combine shallots (onions), champagne and dried basil. When all but a few tbsp. of champagne are left add heavy cream, simmer and pour over fish and enjoy the best fish you ever had.
Mike Legler, Horace, ND
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!